This week I had some peaches that were ripening faster than I could eat. While I don’t care for the soft texture when they get too ripe, overripe peaches are perfect for using in peach ice cream and baked goods. I took out my trusty ice cream maker and set to work making the most delicious peach ice cream.
Since I was in the mood for something a little more indulgent than my go-to 76 Calorie Strawberry Ice Cream, I added extra cream to the mixture for a silky texture and rich taste. It is still light enough that I can (and did) devour the entire batch within 24 hours without too much guilt.
- 1 very ripe peach
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream (half and half)
- 1 cup Splenda *
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash peach and cut up into cubes, then mash with a potato masher in a large bowl.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla, salt and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Pour into ice cream maker. (You may need to vary the directions or time needed depending on the type of mixer you are using. I use a 1 1/2 Quart Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.) Turn on machine and process for 20-30 minutes, or until it reaches desired texture.
- If you want the ice cream to be a firmer consistency, you can put it in the freezer for 20 minutes before serving.
- * I use Splenda no-calorie granulated sugar, but certainly recommend regular sugar or a natural sugar substitute if you have that option. Splenda is my personal preference as it dissolves easily in the milk and I cannot have a lot of sugar. Using regular granulated sugar adds around 80 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Makes 9 servings. Serving size 1/2 cup.
* I use Splenda, but certainly recommend regular sugar or a natural sugar substitute if you have that option. Splenda is my personal preference as it dissolves easily in the milk and I cannot have a lot of sugar. Using regular granulated sugar adds around 80 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
Great Sale!! Currently the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker I use is discounted from $110 to $49 USD on Amazon, with free shipping. I used it daily for months and it is still working perfectly.
Please note: there are affiliate links contained in this post. If you should choose to purchase any products by clicking on a link, I may receive a small percentage of the purchase price.